Hello internet! So I have decided that it is officially my turn to try this whole, “blog” thing out. (Totally cliché, right?) But seriously, despite the sarcasm, I am actually super excited about this! 🙂 I always read blogs and watch YouTube videos and think, “I could TOTALLY do that!” And I know what you’re thinking,”Taylor, It’s harder than it looks. If it were really that easy, wouldn’t everyone be famous due to running a successful blog, or YouTube channel?” (Which btw, starting a YouTube channel with my sister is my next project! But back to the point…) And my response to that is, “Yeah, I realize that. But I’m gonna do it anyway. So…. There.” (I never was particularly good with comebacks) Either way, here I am, and there you are. So let’s get this thing started!
So, for my first blog post I decided to do a little introduction about me! But, I wanted to do something unique and a little different. As I was thinking about what I wanted to do, a thought crossed my mind, and I don’t know about you, but I am getting REAL sick and tired of people wanting to look nothing but perfect, on social media. Don’t get me wrong, I’m all for proof-reading status updates, and I am definitely pro-filter when it comes to pictures, but I also want to make sure that at the end of the day, people know the real me. Which is FAR from perfect! So, I decided to let you guys in on my super exclusive “blooper reel”.
What is a blooper reel, you ask? Well, if you took any teenage girl’s cellphone away, and looked through her photos, there would be something in common with EVERY. SINGLE. ONE. Selfies. And not just one. We’re talkin multiples. Of the same exact outfit, and the same exact hair, which to the untrained eye may look all the same. But they’re not. YES, they were all taken on the same day. BUT, there are multiple different angles, and poses, and faces going on! In some of them her hair looks good, but sadly her makeup is smudged. Another, her outfit is on point, but she has a slight double-chin happening. So, as a result, we all have HOARDS of semi-ugly pictures of us, that weren’t “good enough” to post, just chillin on our phones, taking up precious space!
So I am deciding to break free of this! I am posting my bloopers for the world to see! Some of these are of me extremely bored, or after a long night of studying or staying up too late, or me just being crazy. But I promise you, these pictures are more real than any of my profile pictures, or selfies I post on Instagram. So, for every fact about me, you get an extra little bonus blooper! I hope you enjoy, and I encourage you to post your own bloopers! 🙂
1. I know bits and pieces of 5 languages. I know a teeny tiny bit of Spanish, I know some Sign Language and some French. And I am fluent in English and Sarcasm.
2. I loved dark movies as a child. My favorites were: Jumanji, The Black Cauldren, and James and The Giant Peach. I honestly knew every word to all three of those movies, and I would probably watch at least one a day!
3. I love cheese. I know it’s random, but cheddar cheese is just SO GOOD.
4. Sleep is my drug of choice. If I could sleep all of the time, I would.
5. My best memories, are of my family on all of our family vacations we went on growing up. It was always so nice to be able to relax and spend time with the people I love the most.
6. I hate the sound that velvet makes when it is rubbed. And I hate the feel of it, too. I don’t know why, it just gives me the heebie jeebies!
7. I love music and everything about it. I have always loved to sing and listen to music, and I honestly don’t know what I would do without it. Also, going to concerts is one of my favorite pastimes!
8. I am the most indecisive person you will ever meet! It takes me forever to pick a movie to watch, outfit to wear, or what food to order at a restaurant. I am currently having a panic attack over what I want to major in, and I honestly have no idea what to do! I just don’t want to pick something and regret it after it is too late!
9. I was born in the lovely state of Colorado. We moved around and lived in different parts until I was 12. Then we moved to Idaho, into the house that we are still living in, 7 years later!
10. When I was younger I was OBSESSED with horses. I still might resent my parents a little bit for never getting me one. 😉
11. I am a softy. When I was little my brother always called me a cry baby. And you know what? I AM sensitive! And that’s okay! (Example: I’ve cried during multiple Disney movies… Lilo and Stitch, Finding Nemo, Toy Story 3, And Up. But in my defense, who didn’t cry during Up?!)
12. I am obsessed with France. I took French last semester and I know this is sounds crazy, but I feel oddly connected to France because of it. I am hoping to study abroad and have the opportunity to live there for a while. That would be a dream come true!
13. I like even numbers. Part of that might be due to the fact that I am probably slightly OCD… Like it kills me a little inside that I graduated in 2013. Ewww. Such an ugly number!
14. Tangled is better than Frozen. I might get some hate comments for this, but this isn’t even a fact about my life. It’s just fact. Proven by science… Or something.
15. I will murder songs. If I hear a song on the radio that I like, get ready to hear it 500 more times! #SorryNotSorry
I hope you were all able to get to know me a little better, crazy faces and all! Once again, I am beyond ecstatic to begin this blog and keep you all in the loop with what is going on in my crazy, wonderful, blooper-filled, life. And hopefully along the way we can all begin to love the imperfections in our lives a little bit more!