Quite a few people came up to me after my homecoming talk, to thank me about being so honest while telling stories of my mission, and the struggles that I faced during my service. Tiffany recorded my talk, so I … Continue reading
Well, It looks like it’s about that time again for another one of my videos! I realize this is extremely long and I honestly, totally understand, if you don’t watch it all the way through. But I have had a lot of people ask me about my College Program experience, so I figured I would compile all of my footage together and make a video of all the good times I had. With that being said, this is not a totally accurate representation of what went on. I obviously didn’t take videos of me during rough days at work or having to get up at 5 am after getting home at 2 am from the previous night’s shift. Or me getting sick. Which basically happened ALL THE TIME. (Just ask my roommates!) But even with all of the “bad” things that happened during my program, I would not trade this experience for the world. I made life-long friends and countless memories that mean everything to me.
(Erica White Photography)
But after everything is said and done, the good and the bad, I can positively say that wishes and dreams do come true.
This week has not been a great one, if I’m being 100% honest. I have not felt good, and have been quite stressed out with training at work and a few other things that life has thrown my way. I was up all last night coughing (My poor roommate probably hates me now!) and I had to get up at 5 am in order to make it to the bus on time for work at 7:15. Instead of calling in sick, I went to work anyway, and thought that they would just send me home… I was mistaken. Oh, and did I mention that I have only been trained for night shifts and they randomly scheduled me in the morning? (The restaurant is completely different from morning to night!) But despite all of these things happening, as I rode the bus home from work, I thought to myself, “Yeah, this has been a pretty sucky week. But you can choose to be grateful instead of bitter.” And then I got to thinking, and it is so true! So decided to put this in action and make a list. I am currently grateful for:
-All of the old people that I work with, who call me “sweetie” and who are willing to show me the ropes when I am confused on something.
-For Massimo the chef from Italy who tells me stories of his home country and encourages me to go there someday.
-For finally getting work pants that are long enough! (I have been sporting high waters for the last 3 weeks!)
-For the sweet bus driver who gave me a water bottle because I was coughing, and who made a special stop for me, so I wouldn’t have to walk as far.
-For FaceTime, to be able to stay in touch with friends and family.
-For the friends that I have made at work.
-For my friends and family who support me and have not forgotten about me!
-For the cute boy who works at the front desk of our apartment complex.
-For the Gospel. I look around at this different world down here, and I am so thankful for the knowledge that I have, and for the guidance it provides me.
-For cough drops and Robitussin.
-For the opportunity to meet new people, daily, from all over the world. Like our LDS friends we randomly met on Splash Mountain!
-For my roommates who have all been there for me, in some way or another, and are always so willing to help me with whatever I need.
-For the opportunity to work for Disney and to be able to go and play at the parks for free. It is amazing how much more fun you can have when you aren’t feeling guilty about how much money you have spent!
I know that there will always be something to complain about. But the other side to that, is that there is always something to smile at or to be grateful for, too. I personally, am choosing to be grateful. And I hope you do too.
When I originally started this blog I thought that I would be more of an avid blogger than I am. And I honestly don’t know why I thought that… I hate writing! If you don’t believe me, just look at my English grade this last semester!! (Don’t worry mom and dad, it wasn’t THAT bad… Im just trying to prove a point here! Okay?) Anyway, I’ve always hated writing… Or so I thought. I’ve recently realized that I actually DO like writing. But I like writing when I’m not being told to do it. I like writing when it’s my choice, and when its something that I want to write about. And that is something that I am starting to realize about myself a lot lately. That I like doing things on MY terms.
I’ve always hated change. I am a creature of habit. I find solace in the mundane and routine… Well kinda. Once again, this goes back to the ON MY TERMS thing. When reflecting on my life I have come to find that most of the changes I had to go through have been forced upon me. Moving, changing schools, graduating, heck even puberty, were all things that I had no say in. And I am sad to say that at almost 20 years old, very few things in my life have been my choice. And even if it was my choice, I chose the option that people wanted or expected me to do. Like going to college. Now don’t get me wrong, I am very glad that I made that choice, and I am so blessed that I have even had the opportunity this far, but it is about time that I do something for me. And no one else.
That is one of the main reasons I am doing the Disney College Program. Yes, I am excited for the warm weather, the employee perks and discounts, making new friends, and being surrounded by the Disney Magic on a daily basis. But I think the thing that I am most excited for, is the fact that I made this decision completely on my own, and that I am taking control of my life and my future. I am finally acting, and not simply being acted upon. I am only this young once, and I know that this is going to be a pivotal point in my life. Florida won’t be a cake walk, trust me, I know that. It will be a lot of hard work. But it will all be worth it. Things are only going up from here, I can feel it in my bones! I encourage all who read this to seize the day. Take control of your life, and do what you want, not what others expect you to do. Because that is what I am going to do from here on out, my friends. And that is honestly one of the best feelings in the world.
P.S. I will try to keep my blog updated more often while I am in Disney World to keep you all up to date on everything in my life! Just remember… Adventure is out there! 🙂
So about a month and a half ago my family and I had the privilege of going to California, before everyone had to get back to the real world with work, wedding planning, and school. In other words it was the … Continue reading
Hello internet! So I have decided that it is officially my turn to try this whole, “blog” thing out. (Totally cliché, right?) But seriously, despite the sarcasm, I am actually super excited about this! 🙂 I always read blogs and watch YouTube videos and think, “I could TOTALLY do that!” And I know what you’re thinking,”Taylor, It’s harder than it looks. If it were really that easy, wouldn’t everyone be famous due to running a successful blog, or YouTube channel?” (Which btw, starting a YouTube channel with my sister is my next project! But back to the point…) And my response to that is, “Yeah, I realize that. But I’m gonna do it anyway. So…. There.” (I never was particularly good with comebacks) Either way, here I am, and there you are. So let’s get this thing started!
So, for my first blog post I decided to do a little introduction about me! But, I wanted to do something unique and a little different. As I was thinking about what I wanted to do, a thought crossed my mind, and I don’t know about you, but I am getting REAL sick and tired of people wanting to look nothing but perfect, on social media. Don’t get me wrong, I’m all for proof-reading status updates, and I am definitely pro-filter when it comes to pictures, but I also want to make sure that at the end of the day, people know the real me. Which is FAR from perfect! So, I decided to let you guys in on my super exclusive “blooper reel”.
What is a blooper reel, you ask? Well, if you took any teenage girl’s cellphone away, and looked through her photos, there would be something in common with EVERY. SINGLE. ONE. Selfies. And not just one. We’re talkin multiples. Of the same exact outfit, and the same exact hair, which to the untrained eye may look all the same. But they’re not. YES, they were all taken on the same day. BUT, there are multiple different angles, and poses, and faces going on! In some of them her hair looks good, but sadly her makeup is smudged. Another, her outfit is on point, but she has a slight double-chin happening. So, as a result, we all have HOARDS of semi-ugly pictures of us, that weren’t “good enough” to post, just chillin on our phones, taking up precious space!
So I am deciding to break free of this! I am posting my bloopers for the world to see! Some of these are of me extremely bored, or after a long night of studying or staying up too late, or me just being crazy. But I promise you, these pictures are more real than any of my profile pictures, or selfies I post on Instagram. So, for every fact about me, you get an extra little bonus blooper! I hope you enjoy, and I encourage you to post your own bloopers! 🙂
1. I know bits and pieces of 5 languages. I know a teeny tiny bit of Spanish, I know some Sign Language and some French. And I am fluent in English and Sarcasm.
2. I loved dark movies as a child. My favorites were: Jumanji, The Black Cauldren, and James and The Giant Peach. I honestly knew every word to all three of those movies, and I would probably watch at least one a day!
3. I love cheese. I know it’s random, but cheddar cheese is just SO GOOD.
4. Sleep is my drug of choice. If I could sleep all of the time, I would.
5. My best memories, are of my family on all of our family vacations we went on growing up. It was always so nice to be able to relax and spend time with the people I love the most.
6. I hate the sound that velvet makes when it is rubbed. And I hate the feel of it, too. I don’t know why, it just gives me the heebie jeebies!
7. I love music and everything about it. I have always loved to sing and listen to music, and I honestly don’t know what I would do without it. Also, going to concerts is one of my favorite pastimes!
8. I am the most indecisive person you will ever meet! It takes me forever to pick a movie to watch, outfit to wear, or what food to order at a restaurant. I am currently having a panic attack over what I want to major in, and I honestly have no idea what to do! I just don’t want to pick something and regret it after it is too late!
9. I was born in the lovely state of Colorado. We moved around and lived in different parts until I was 12. Then we moved to Idaho, into the house that we are still living in, 7 years later!
10. When I was younger I was OBSESSED with horses. I still might resent my parents a little bit for never getting me one. 😉
11. I am a softy. When I was little my brother always called me a cry baby. And you know what? I AM sensitive! And that’s okay! (Example: I’ve cried during multiple Disney movies… Lilo and Stitch, Finding Nemo, Toy Story 3, And Up. But in my defense, who didn’t cry during Up?!)
12. I am obsessed with France. I took French last semester and I know this is sounds crazy, but I feel oddly connected to France because of it. I am hoping to study abroad and have the opportunity to live there for a while. That would be a dream come true!
13. I like even numbers. Part of that might be due to the fact that I am probably slightly OCD… Like it kills me a little inside that I graduated in 2013. Ewww. Such an ugly number!
14. Tangled is better than Frozen. I might get some hate comments for this, but this isn’t even a fact about my life. It’s just fact. Proven by science… Or something.
15. I will murder songs. If I hear a song on the radio that I like, get ready to hear it 500 more times! #SorryNotSorry
I hope you were all able to get to know me a little better, crazy faces and all! Once again, I am beyond ecstatic to begin this blog and keep you all in the loop with what is going on in my crazy, wonderful, blooper-filled, life. And hopefully along the way we can all begin to love the imperfections in our lives a little bit more!